Louise Wasilewski is CEO and co-founder of Acivilate, a social enterprise providing rehabilitation software to justice, health, and human services agencies. Pokket helps justice agencies work with human services agencies to improve outcomes for vulnerable people by empowering them to help themselves and find the support services they need. Wasilewski has spent twenty-five years in technology innovation. Wasilewski is a member of the Metro Atlanta Reentry Coalition, the Greater Gwinnett Reentry Alliance, and the National Criminal Justice Association. She has spoken at the American Correctional Association and the American Probation and Parole Association on the use of technology in correctional reentry settings and was published in Policy and Practice, the magazine for Health and Human Services professionals. She is passionate about improving criminal justice outcomes because it is an issue that has affected her family. Ms. Wasilewski holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Systems Engineering from Southampton University and an MBA from Emory University. She holds five patents.
- Touch on why you founded Acivilate in 2014 and the problems you set out to solve in the criminal justice system with your technology solution.
- What has been your proudest accomplishment over these last 7 years?
- How has an unexpected introduction and relationship caused you to rethink your baseline business strategy and make some big changes to your plan recently?
- Given this experience, what have you learned about focusing on collective impact versus entirely owning credit for successful outcomes as a leader?
- The importance of open-mindedness from the perspective of a founder and leader.
Get In Touch
Follow Louise Wasilewski on LinkedIn and visit Acivilate.com to learn more.
Our Community Partners
B Local GA: A collection of for-profit companies each dedicated to creating a future where businesses operate as a positive influence on society.
InspirEDU: A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that seeks to support education equity with its commitment to youth and their families, through training, device distribution, and technology career development.
AppBarry: An Atlanta-based software engineering team specializing in building custom web and mobile applications, cloud migrations, and software integrations.
Classic City Consulting: An Atlanta-based WordPress design + development, content writing, and SEO consulting firm.
Stratfield Consulting: Helping organizations successfully adapt to a rapidly changing landscape with an approach that integrates proven consulting, staffing, and recruiting services.
Join the discussion