Matt Stevens joined Creature Comforts Brewing Co. in September 2017 as its first Director of Strategic Impact, his role was to ensure the business was making meaningful investments in both their employees and their city. His team now leads their two primary community impact programs, Get Comfortable and Brew For One, and they oversee CCBC’s B Corp certification process. He is no stranger to Athens, Georgia, however. A self-described “boomerang,” he has returned to Athens during four chapters of his life, including years as a graduate student at the University of Georgia where he earned his MPA in Nonprofit Management. Prior to a career in craft beer, Stevens worked in both the public and nonprofit sectors, including six years as the Associate Director of UGA’s research station in San Luis, Costa Rica.
Resources Related To This Episode
- Follow Matt on LinkedIn
- Learn about University of Georgia’s Master of Public Administration degree
- TEDxUGA Talk (March 2021)
- Matt’s Craft Brewers Conference lecture (September 2021) — This is essentially his craft beer CSR manifesto.
- B Corp Declaration of Interdependence
- The Search for God and Guinness by Stephen Mansfield
- Doing Good Better by William MacAskill
- This is Where You Belong by Melody Warnick
Have you thought about starting your own podcast to grow your business? Our agency can help!
Learn more by starting with our why!