For almost 30 years, Rod Hames has been teaching Business and Computer Science at Crews Middle School in Gwinnett County Georgia. But, in the two months, everything has shifted and everyone who engages with students has learned to become a teacher without traditional resources.
- Partnering with other teachers to quickly become accustomed to educating students from home
- Distributing lessons throughout his district to broaden the curriculum of other schools
- Maintaining a close relationship with students without daily high fives and handshakes
- Supporting parents as they navigate the difficulties of homeschooling
- Hosting video classes to keep learning possible
- Giving grace to less tech savvy teachers as they find their way with new tools