Kathija “Kat” Mohammed is the COO of EnrichHER, a certified B Corporation and financial technology platform that matches revenue-generating companies led by women and founders of color to individual and institutional sources of funding. Since 2017, EnrichHER has deployed upwards of $4 million through its platform and matched business owners to $13 million in working capital through its Accelerator. By providing capital, coaching, and connections, they are fueling the fastest-growing demographic of business owners. Their network has engaged with over 23,000 advocates through its digital community and in-person activations.
As a leader, Kat is a growth specialist focusing on building relationships and optimizing operational efficiency. She has over 10 years of operations experience previously working for a non-profit as a Director of Education where she developed educational and professional development programming for hotel owners across the US. She also has experience in data analytics, operations, commercial lending, and retail. Kat is motivated by her desire to positively impact as many people as she can in her life along with her family. Kat is a lover of life and when not honing her professional skills, she can be found enjoying the outdoors or doing creative projects.
What you’ll learn
- Why EnrichHER exists, their overall mission, Kat’s role as COO, and why they certified as a B Corporation.
- EnrichHER’s experience with going through the extensive B Corp certification process.
- What issues and barriers still exist for female founders and founders of color within the funding ecosystem.
- What Kat sees as the biggest area of opportunity for funders, investment firms, and companies like EnrichHER to continue this focused work on diversity, inclusion, and access to capital over the next 5+ years.
- How to make sure your mission and vision stay locked in and that you’re responding to the needs of your stakeholders as you continue to grow rapidly.
- What is giving Kat the greatest hope for a sustainable future through businesses as a force for good.
Follow / Learn More
- Follow EnrichHER on LinkedIn
- Follow Kat on LinkedIn
- Sign up for the EnrichHER Newsletter
- Email email@example.com
- Follow EnrichHER on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
Our Community Partners
B Local GA: A collection of for-profit companies each dedicated to creating a future where businesses operate as a positive influence on society.
InspirEDU: A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that seeks to support education equity with its commitment to youth and their families, through training, device distribution, and technology career development.
AppBarry: An Atlanta-based software engineering team specializing in building custom web and mobile applications, cloud migrations, and software integrations.
Classic City Consulting: An Atlanta-based WordPress design + development, content writing, and SEO consulting firm.
Stratfield Consulting: Helping organizations successfully adapt to a rapidly changing landscape with an approach that integrates proven consulting, staffing, and recruiting services.