For over 25 years, Charlie has been a professional angel investor and entrepreneur. His mission is to help entrepreneurs take the next steps in business and life.
10 facts about Charlie (from Paparelli.com)
- Professional angel investor and co-founder of 12 startups.
- Invested in over 35 companies in 25+ years
- Since 1992 focused on helping entrepreneurs start and build their company.
- Mentors 10 startup founders and advise many more on a daily basis.
- Offices at the Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) at Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA.
- Founder and director of Angel Lounge in Atlanta.
- Had five exits that netted a 50% IRR (internal return rate).
- Continually thinks about helping entrepreneurs build the company of their dreams and great value for investors.
- A recovering alcoholic who, thanks to the recovery process, entered into a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Has a God-given passion for entrepreneurs, to love and serve them.
Charlie has 3 core beliefs…
- There is a reason God puts each entrepreneur in my life. I need to discover the reason and help with the next steps for the entrepreneur.
- Every day I must intercede in prayer, asking God to share His mercy, blessing, and protection for every entrepreneur who shares their story with me.
- My investment and mentoring relationships tie my destiny to God’s destiny for the entrepreneur. It is always a wild ride.
Angel investing is a contact sport. It is not about investing in companies. It is all about investing in people and their families. I love it and wouldn’t think of doing anything else. God uses me every day in these activities as an angel investor.
- Charlie’s passion for entrepreneurs and the belief that you really need to be fully in the entrepreneur’s corner is a gift to the community. As a lead investor, he has helped countless entrepreneurs find the money and hit those milestones. He explains the relationship as a “contact sport”?
- Charlie has over 40 entrepreneur’s on regular zoom calls called “Paparelli Zoom Chats” which he launched recently to support entrepreneurs and foster open dialogue around challenges they’re facing and serve them with encouragement and thought leadership. We asked Charlie to share his inspiration for the idea.
- Charlie describes his responsibility to entrepreneurs as being a servant, and we ask him to explain that further.
- Charlie shares more about the types of conversations they’re having in Paparelli Zoom Chats, how the topics are derived, and what his greatest take-a-ways have been.
- Charlie shares remarkable insight into his belief system and a few powerful ideas as an overall “call to action” for entrepreneurs in closing. You don’t want to miss what he says about what he’s doing on TikTok.
Get In Touch
Learn more about Charlie at www.paparelli.com
Charlie is very involved with the Atlanta Technology Development Center (ATDC) and Atlanta Tech Village (ATV). Check out their websites to learn more about Atlanta’s thriving entrepreneur community.