Brian Benn is Chief Information Officer and Senior Vice President of the Atlanta Housing Authority. Brian is responsible for the development and implementation of technology strategies that are aligned with and anchored by the overarching strategy of the agency, ultimately supporting the 25,000 households and 55,000 participants served. Brian studied Computer Science and Mathematics at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and has a Master of Business Administration degree from Belhaven University. Brian has a wealth of IT leadership experience in both the private and public sectors including the Department of Defense and NASA where he began his career. Brian volunteers as an Executive Ambassador for TechBridge, Incorporated, serves on the Board of Directors for the Technology Association of Georgia, the Executive Advisory Board for Atlanta Technology Professionals, the Advisory Board for the Government Technology Special Districts Program, the Greater Atlanta CIO Governing Body for Evanta and serves as board chair for the Technology Association of Georgia’s Southeastern Software Association. Brian is a technology evangelist with a passion for bridging the digital divide. Brian seeks to be a servant leader – mentoring individuals, promoting development/growth, and empowering others to maximize their potential individually and collectively.
- Why has bridging the digital divide and “digital inclusion” become even more critical as a result of the pandemic at Atlanta Housing and in our community?
- Share more about your leadership of Atlanta Housing’s ACCESS initiative. Where does it stand today and what’s your vision for its ongoing impact? (Achieving Connectivity to Create Equity and Self Sufficiency)
- What are the three ways you approach ACCESS to ensure it’s having the type of intended impact in our community?
- Why is social responsibility so important to you as a leader?
- Why should leaders use their influence and platform to make a difference in their communities?
Get In Touch
Connect with Brian on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/bwbenn/
Follow Brian on Twitter at @BWBenn1911