Michele Pearson Tucker is a special ally to B Local Georgia who has committed her life to leading community initiatives, working collaboratively with local organizations, and providing financial empowerment. Michele is a proud business owner of an Edward Jones investment branch where she works as a Financial Advisor.
Michele has also been involved in various boards, committees, and organizations within the Athens-Clarke County community over the years. Michele was appointed to the Athens Housing Authority Board of Commissioners in 2006 where she continues to serve. She also serves on boards for the Athens Tech Foundation, the Classic Center Cultural Foundation, Farm to Neighborhood Inc., and the Board of Trustees at Ebenezer Baptist Church, West.
Nathan sits down with Michele to unpack her story of humble beginnings, overcoming obstacles as a woman of color in her field, and intentionality around diversifying board rooms. What has she learned? What’s been effective? What can we be doing better to be truly inclusive? Tune in…
RESOURCES RELATED TO THIS EPISODE
- Visit the Minority Business Nonprofit Association – TheMBNA.org
- Email Michele at SustainMBNA@gmail.com
- Follow Michele on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Michele’s Financial Advisory work at Edward Jones at https://www.edwardjones.com/us-en/financial-advisor/michele-pearsontucker.
- Music🎵 ZakharValaha from Pixabay
- Music🎵 Coma-Media from Pixabay
- Produced by ChatWithLeadersMedia.com
Have you thought about starting your own podcast to grow your business? Our agency can help!
Learn more by starting with our why!
Join the discussion