Anita Ward is an Applied Cultural Anthropologist whose Ph.D. and career have been dedicated to culture, purpose, and the growth and transformation of organizations.
Considered a corporate shaman, Anita has led organizations that include JPM Chase, American General, Occidental Petroleum, and the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health. She currently serves as CDO leading the US growth and development of the UK-based fintech, Salary Finance. With a mission to help millions of working Americans achieve financial happiness and wellbeing, Salary Finance partners with employers at no cost to provide a holistic financial wellbeing platform to their employees.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Anita’s story of overcoming poverty and the lack of a stable home early in her childhood
- How her family overcame the odds so that she could pursue a college education and successful career track as an executive leader.
- How sharing her story a few years ago made a huge impact and what she’s learned about the role of vulnerability in leadership since.
- Why serving on the Conscious Capitalism Atlanta Chapter Board and several nonprofits throughout Atlanta has been so important to Anita.
- How being a Conscious Capitalist and thinking holistically about all the stakeholders impacted by your business, including your community through the lens of inclusion is critical to the success of modern-day business leaders.
RESOURCES RELATED TO THIS EPISODE
- Follow Anita on LinkedIn
- Visit SalaryFinance.com
- Learn more about Conscious Capitalism and how to plug into this community in Atlanta at ConsciousCapitalism.org/Chapter/Atlanta
- Work Is Love Made Visible – a poem by Kahlil Gibran
Have you thought about starting your own podcast to grow your business? Our agency can help!
Learn more by starting with our why!