As a former business consultant helping other companies thrive early on in her career, Carly grew eager to bring about change closer to home. Following her BBA at Emory University’s Goizueta Business School and three years in IBM’s Global Business Services practice, she decided to pursue her passion for design through Georgia Tech’s Industrial Design Master’s program where her idea for Strapt eventually took root. Through her own personal experiences and a growing awareness of the menstrual inequity many young women face, she grew determined to apply her passions for both entrepreneurship and design to expanding access to menstrual products. She’s dedicated and excited to grow Strapt and achieve this mission through forward-thinking innovation in the world of feminine hygiene.
- Why do you think traditional tampon dispensers have gone on for so long without a much-needed 21st-century upgrade?
- Given that over half our world’s population has to deal with feminine hygiene accessibility at multiple points in their lives, where do you start in order to eventually scale your IoT solution into this enormous market?
- What is Strapt Vending’s key value proposition to both facilities and feminine hygiene brands?
- Why did you decide to leave your corporate career to become an entrepreneur and attack this problem specifically?
- What have been the biggest lessons learned thus far since starting Strapt and what’s your long term vision going forward?
Get In Touch
Follow Strapt on Instagram
Follow Carly Simenauer on LinkedIn
Our Community Partners
B Local GA: A collection of for-profit companies each dedicated to creating a future where businesses operate as a positive influence on society.
InspirEDU: A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that seeks to support education equity with its commitment to youth and their families, through training, device distribution, and technology career development.
AppBarry: An Atlanta-based software engineering team specializing in building custom web and mobile applications, cloud migrations, and software integrations.
Classic City Consulting: An Atlanta-based WordPress design + development, content writing, and SEO consulting firm.
Stratfield Consulting: Helping organizations successfully adapt to a rapidly changing landscape with an approach that integrates proven consulting, staffing, and recruiting services.
Join the discussion