Most businesses realize that their employees are their biggest asset. Their employees are the face of the company to your customers, the eyes and ears for you as an executive, and what makes and breaks your reputation.
To attract and retain employees, health insurance is the most requested employee benefit. Yet employers are burdened with huge premiums and decreased benefits. And when employees choose not to participate because the employee share of the premium is unaffordable, it’s actually worse than not offering anything.
Believing that small/mid-size businesses & individuals are key to our country’s economic success, Hal is passionate about finding ways to support them.
Current solutions can be innovative and transformative. Hal’s personal attention (supported by the Great South Benefits Group agency) to designing and then helping groups and individuals based on listening to their unique circumstances, is an extension of his highly effective, client-recommended account management roles in the cable TV, satellite TV, and Internet Service Provider verticals.
Prior to being a benefits broker, Hal worked in Silicon Valley as well as Atlanta, DC, and NJ in technology with innovative companies including Earthlink and DISH Network. In Atlanta for more than 20 years, Hal is also a sailing instructor, active in the religious interfaith community, a member of the Technology Assn of Georgia, and with his wife, recently fostered their 94th rescued golden retriever. Hal graduated from ‘the other Orange school,’ Syracuse University, is married to Alison and has one son.
- How did you come to realize your calling to guide business leaders towards better solutions around our frustratingly expensive and broken healthcare system?
- What are some of the biggest misconceptions that small and mid-sized business leaders have about the healthcare options that are available to them?
- What are the biggest pain points these business leaders are feeling when it comes to navigating these options?
- In what ways do you approach serving leaders through healthcare education as their guide?
Get In Touch
- Connect with Hal on LinkedIn
- Great Southern Benefits: The benefits broker agency that Hal is with
- Surgery Center of Oklahoma: Hal’s recommended price transparency benchmark
- An Arm And A Leg: Hal’s recommended podcast about individuals fighting the crazy healthcare system
- HIPnation: Healthcare as it should be: Direct primary care in Atlanta and expanding throughout the SE US.
- Fixing The Horribly Broken Healthcare System by Hal Schlenger on Georgia Social Impact Collaborative (GSIC)
Our Community Partners
B Local GA: A collection of for-profit companies each dedicated to creating a future where businesses operate as a positive influence on society.
InspirEDU: A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that seeks to support education equity with its commitment to youth and their families, through training, device distribution, and technology career development.
AppBarry: An Atlanta-based software engineering team specializing in building custom web and mobile applications, cloud migrations, and software integrations.
Classic City Consulting: An Atlanta-based WordPress design + development, content writing, and SEO consulting firm.
Stratfield Consulting: Helping organizations successfully adapt to a rapidly changing landscape with an approach that integrates proven consulting, staffing, and recruiting services.